Start the year right by hitting your fitness goals with help from your favorite mouse. Walt Disney World hosts an extraordinary race weekend January 8–12. Whether you are a professional runner or a Walt Disney World enthusiast, this is a fun-filled experience you won’t want to miss. Here’s a quick highlight of the weekend’s popular events:
No matter what race you participate in, you’ll feel Disney magic every step of the way. You’ll be greeted by your favorite Disney characters and experience “can’t miss” surprise moments to keep you on your toes.
Once you finish the race, you’ll get to celebrate in the Family Reunion Area with entertainment to keep the party going. Not to mention you’ll receive a T-shirt, a virtual goodie bag, a certificate, and a medal to remember the magical day.
Here are the four races hosted over the weekend:
- 5K & 10K – Unfortunately, the 5K and 10K are already sold out through runDisney registration. However, you can still register through other participating organizations such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Give Kids the World, and others.
- Half Marathon & Marathon – These are the weekend’s longest distance events! Besides everything listed above, you’ll also receive a one-and-only “Mickey Mouse Finisher Ear Hat.” We have to say, it’s quite the fashion statement.
If you are seeking a REAL challenge and want to show your true Disney spirit, we recommend signing up for a Marathon Weekend Challenge. Here’s what you can expect:
- Goofy Challenge – To succeed, you must complete the Half Marathon and Marathon on pace. To participate, register for both races through Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge registration. If you’re successful, you’ll receive three medals—two for the Half & Full Marathon races and one for completing the Challenge.
- Dopey Challenge – To succeed, you must complete all four Walt Disney world weekend races (5K, 10K, Half Marathon, and Marathon) on pace. To participate, register for all four races through the Dopey Challenge registration. If you’re successful, you’ll receive a total of six medals—all four race medals, the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge medal, and the Dopey Challenge medal.
- Disney Castaway Challenge – If running sounds like a vacation, then this Challenge is for you. This Challenge combines the marathon weekend with an extra 5K waiting for you when you book a Bahamian Cruise to Disney’s Castaway Cay private island. Book your cruise for January 13, 2020, then register for any Marathon Weekend race through the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge. Talk about a getaway!
Magical Kids Races
runDisney Kids Dashes – This is the perfect race for your younger children. From crawling infants (12 months and under) to elementary students (5–8 years old), there’s an event for everyone. The best part is everyone gets a medal.
Join the Supportive Spectators (Code for NOT Running)
We get it, not everyone is a runner. But just because you aren’t running doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the magic. From tracking your favorite runner to registering for the ChEAR Squad, you can play a huge part in the Marathon Weekend festivities and fun.
Reward Yourself with a Weekend at the Rosen Inn
Stay close to the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events by booking your stay at the Rosen Inn. A 15-minute drive from Walt Disney World Resort, you’ll get to reward your hard work with an affordable weekend getaway. Book your stay by calling the Rosen Inn today at 407-996-4444 or by clicking “Check Room Availability” at the top of the page.