When visiting Orlando, one can spot dozens of souvenir shops all along International Drive, within theme parks, and inside hotels. Walls lined with plushy Mickey Mouse dolls, racks of Spider-Man tees, buckets of decorative pens for autograph books, magnets…the list of trinkets found in these shops is seemingly endless. With so many options, it can be hard to decide on the perfect souvenirs to take home from your trip. Ultimately, you’ll choose the ones you like the best, however if you’re curious about the most popular souvenirs, we’ve got you covered. Check out our top picks for must-have souvenirs from both Walt Disney World® and Universal Orlando Resort™.
Walt Disney World Must-Haves
- Mickey Mouse Ears – These popular souvenirs can be found at just about any Disney property gift shop. The ears come in a variety of themes and colors and can even be personalized with names.
- Personalized merchandise – There are a host of items that guests can have personalized at the parks including: Christmas ornaments, glassware, parasols, frames, phone cases, bags, and blankets.
- Monorail-related items – Guests can find monorail play sets, pins, and apparel with the iconic “por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas” (please stand clear of the doors).
- Jedi Training Diploma Certificate – The Jedi Academy at Hollywood Studios offers your young ones the chance to enroll as Padawan learners mastering the art of the light saber and the ways of the Force. Upon mastering their lessons and overcoming their confrontation with the Dark Side, your young one receives their very own academy diploma.
- Trading Pins – This is a popular activity in the parks. You can purchase starter pin sets that come with their own lanyard and begin trading with cast members or purchasing other specialty pins. Rare pins are coveted amongst avid fans and collectors. Some rare sets include the Heroines Sets, the Nightmare Before Christmas Story Set, Storybook Pins, and Maleficent Expressions sets.
Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure (IOA) Must haves
- Wand from Ollivander’s – Both Universal and IOA have the wand shop Ollivander’s where you can go through the wand ceremony experience where a wand chooses you as its owner. You can purchase classic wands, character wands, or interactive wands that can be used to cast spells around the parks.
- Sweet Treats and Trinkets from Honeydukes & Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes – In IOA you can visit Honeydukes for a selection of sweet treats such as Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott’s Every Flavours Beans. A quick ride on the Hogwarts Express and you’ll be able to purchase a few gags and gadgets at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.
- Classic Character Memorabilia – Scattered through Universal Orlando and Toon Lagoon at IOA is a selection of merchandise featuring characters from classic cartoon strips, television shows, and iconic stars such as sitcom legend Lucille Ball from I Love Lucy. Popular characters include Popeye the Sailor Man, Betty Boop, and Dudley Do-Right.
- Sprinkle Doughnut Plushy or Kwik-E-Mart name tag from Krustyland – After experiencing the excitement of The Simpsons Ride, head to the Kwik-E-Mart and pick up Homer’s favorite pink frosting doughnut in giant plushy form.
- Despicable Me Girl Scout Cookies & Unicorn Plushy – Though Minions run amuck in Universal, the prized Despicable Me souvenirs are the Girl Scout Cookies toted by Gru’s three girls and Agnes’ coveted fluffy unicorn plushy.
Other Popular Items
- Shot glasses
- Free souvenirs – Park maps, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom scavenger hunt cards, special occasions/celebratory buttons from Disney parks, prizes from participating in scavenger hunts or activities around the parks.
- Penny presses
- Autographs and photos
Those are some of the best souvenirs you can get at these amazing parks. Make the most of your shopping trips and book your stay with us. We’re located right on International Drive, providing complementary shuttle service to and from Universal Studios. Transportation options to Walt Disney World Resorts are also available at our location. Happy shopping!