After travelling for long periods of time, the first thing you might want to do upon arriving at your hotel is crawl into bed for a nap. However, the best way to get out of that post-travel funk is with a quick workout. Exercise is one of the most effective ways to adjust to a new time zone, but whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, fitness often seems to fall by the wayside.
It’s easy to make excuses while you’re away from home, but with just 20 minutes and the items in your hotel room, you can get a great workout in!
- Mountain Climbers – A good all-around exercise, mountain climbers use nearly every muscle in the body and work out the cardiovascular system at the same time. Starting in a push-up position with your hands in place, bring one knee up to the opposite elbow and touch your foot back to the ground. Then bring the other knee up to the opposite elbow as the first one goes back to starting position. Repeat this for eight sets of 20 seconds each.
- Tricep Dips – All you need is the edge of a chair, bathtub, or even a bed for this one. Place your hands at the edge of your surface of choice with palms facing down, and with your glutes over the edge slowly dip down and back up to the starting position. Repeat for three sets of six to eight repetitions.
- Incline Push-Ups – Place your hands on the edge of your bed or a chair with your feet on the floor in a push-up position. Lower yourself down to the edge of the bed or chair while keeping your core tight, and push back up to the starting position. Repeat for 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions.
- Luggage Rows – Who needs weights when you have your luggage? Kneel on a chair with one leg on and one leg off. Hold your luggage in one hand like a weight and while keeping your back flat, row the luggage up to your chest and back down. Repeat for three sets of 15 repetitions on each side.
- Burpees – Start in a standing position with your feet hip-width apart. Place your hands on the ground in front of your feet and jump your feet backward to a planking position. Lower yourself as if you are doing a push-up until your chest touches the ground. Press all the way back up and pop your feet back up to your hands and stand up. Repeat this for eight rounds of 20 seconds each.
By utilizing your body weight and the simple items within reach, you can maintain your fitness no matter where your travels take you.
When you plan a trip to Orlando, the last thing you want to do is spend part of your vacation feeling jet lagged and miserable. Knock out a quick hotel workout in your luxurious room with us here at the Rosen Inn and get back to feeling your best. Book your stay with us today by calling (407) 996-4444.