Orlando MegaCon has something for every comics, sci-fi, anime, gaming, and horror fan. This massive convention is held at the Orange County Convention Center from May 24-27. Come and meet your favorite artists and actors as well as sit in on workshops and panels held by industry pros. In addition to the meet and greets, you can also mingle with cosplayers around the convention. (Cosplay is the practice of dressing up as a character from one of your favorite movies, books, video games, or anime.) Bring your camera to snap pictures of the many reenactments of your favorite characters.
Just some of the guests you can expect to see at MegaCon Orlando this year include:
- Jennifer Morrison – Known for her roles as Dr. Allison Cameron in House (2004-2012) and Emma Swan in Once Upon a Time (2011-2017)
- Charlie Cox – Known for his roles as Matt Murdock and Daredevil in Marvel’s Daredevil TV series
- Joonas Suotamo – Known for his role as Chewbacca in the Star Wars saga starting with Star Wars: Episode VII- The Force Awakens
- Jeff Goldblum – Known for roles in Jurassic Park, Thor: Ragnarok, and Independence Day
- Cast of Princess Bride – Including Cary Elwes, Chris Sarandon, and Wallace Shawn
Check out the full list of expected guests here.
The Orange County Convention Center is located in Orlando right off of International Drive. It is the second largest convention facility in the US. The west concourse alone where the convention will be held can fit the main span of the Brooklyn Bridge! So, expect larger than life experiences at this year’s MegaCon.
Where to Stay
This year for MegaCon, stay close to the action at Rosen Inn. Located a short drive away from the convention center, the Rosen Inn is at the heart of I-Drive fun. From tons of great restaurants and bars, to WonderWorks™ and Fun Spot America™ you won’t want your visit to end. For more information and to book your reservation, call 1-800-999-6327.