Christmastime is the most magical time of the year to visit Orlando, and this year’s festivities at Disney Parks and Resorts will not disappoint. Here are some of the best Disney holiday events that families won’t want to miss.
Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
From November 29–December 30, Epcot is celebrating holiday cultures and traditions from around the world. Festival highlights include:
• Candlelight Processional – At this holiday staple, celebrity narrators such as Ming-Na Wen, Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg, and Gary Sinise recite the Nativity story to the accompaniment of a massed choir and 50-piece orchestra.
• Holiday Kitchens – Savor treasured seasonal recipes from around the globe at special kiosks throughout World Showcase and shop around for food and beverage specialties.
• JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season – R&B and Gospel versions of holiday songs will uplift and entertain guests during this vocal celebration of the joy of Kwanzaa.
• Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree – Kids will love searching for ornaments throughout each country of the World Showcase during this holiday scavenger hunt courtesy of Chip & Dale. While maps cost an additional fee of $6.99 plus tax, spree participants can exchange it for a festive surprise at the end of their hunt.
Holidays at Hollywood Studios
In addition to the newly opened Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and the beloved Toy Story Land, guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios can enjoy all of their favorite attractions with a seasonal twist during the park’s holiday festivities from November 8–January 5. Park-goers can also end their day with two sensational finales:
• Sunset Seasons Greetings – Over on Sunset Boulevard, the Hollywood Tower Hotel is brought to life with a laser light show and joyful digital mapping projections that feature scenes from “Toy Story,” “Frozen,” and “The Muppets.”
• Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! – This nighttime holiday spectacular starring Mickey, Minnie, Olaf and friends features music, fireworks, and snow!
Special Disney Holiday Tours
On select dates in November and December, guests have the opportunity to experience the following backstage tours:
• Disney’s Holiday D-Lights – Starting with a barbeque dinner at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and continuing with backstage tours of Magic Kingdom and Epcot, this illuminating evening tour unwraps Disney’s most magical traditions and park secrets. The experience includes exclusive access to the lighting ceremony at Cinderella’s Castle, Epcot’s Candlelight Processional, and the new fireworks show: Epcot Forever.
• Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy – This three-hour tour gives guests a fun-filled, behind-the-scenes look at how Walt Disney World Resort is transformed for the holidays. From decorative floral displays at Epcot to delectable seasonal treats at Disney Springs, guests can explore and experience the artistry that goes into making Disney holidays magical.
Accommodations Yule Love
Stay close to all the Disney holiday festivities by booking your room at the Rosen Inn. Right off of International Drive, the Rosen Inn provides affordable amenities and convenient access to all Orlando has to offer. Enjoy an Orlando vacation with all the comforts of home by calling the Rosen Inn today at 407-996-4444 or clicking “Check Room Availability” at the top of the page.