In early June 2020, all Universal Orlando Resort theme parks reopened after being closed nearly three months due to the pandemic and out of an abundance of caution for the safety of its guests and staff. Their care for their guests and staff hasn’t abated since opening. Rather, they’ve implemented many changes to the general operations of each parks to continue to comply with the latest Centers for Disease Control standards. This includes helping maintain social distance, requiring guests to wear masks, and adding hand sanitizers throughout the park to help guests maintain good hygiene practices.
With these cautionary procedures in place, guests have felt comfortable enough to return and spend an exciting and engaging day experiencing some of the best attractions Orlando has to offer. Finally, we can get back to some fun which includes one of the most popular and thrilling attractions to ever open at Universal Orlando Resort: Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure.
Facts About Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
Located in the Hogsmeade area of Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure, the attraction opened in June 2019 as a replacement for the dueling, inverted roller coaster attraction, Dragon Challenge. A highly themed experience, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure takes riders on an immersive journey through the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with detailed set pieces and life-like animatronics. Here are six interesting facts about this impressively immersive rollercoaster.
- At almost a mile long, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is the lengthiest roller coaster track in the state of Florida.
- The coaster includes a 17 foot “free-fall vertical drop,” the first of its kind in the United States.
- Riders are launched a record breaking seven times throughout the course of the coaster.
- Riders can expect to be launched vertically 65 feet “at a more than 70-degree angle” then fall back down facing upward.
- Ride vehicles can reach up to 50 mph during the course of the coaster.
- Costing about $300 million to manufacture, it has now taken the top spot on the list of highest costing roller coasters of all time.
Operational Adjustments for Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
Now that the Harry Potter-themed rollercoaster has reopened, fans want to know if there are any limitations on ride capacity that could increase wait-times for the popular ride. Some of Universal Orlando’s operational changes and safety guidelines that will impact Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure include:
- Guests who wish to ride this coaster will have to reserve a specific ride time in a virtual que through the official Universal Orlando app.
- Ground markings placed throughout the park will remind guests to stand at least six feet away from other parties.
- Guests are expected to use hand sanitizer dispensers before riding the coaster.
- Face masks and coverings must be worn at all times throughout the park and on all attractions.
- Attractions now have limited ride capacity and staggered seating to promote social distancing between parties.
- Staff sanitizes and cleans vehicle seats and restraints between each ride to promote a healthy experience for guests.
A Safe Place to Stay in Orlando
Stay within walking distance to the Wizarding World by booking your room at the Rosen Inn, a Universal Partner Hotel. Located on International Drive, the Rosen Inn provides affordable luxury, amenities, and convenient access to all Orlando has to offer. Like Universal, we are also dedicated to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety for the well-being of our guests and associates.
Our total commitment includes new hotel features that include enhanced cleaning procedures. We now use hospital-grade disinfectants to clean rooms and commonly touched surface areas. Clear plexiglass protects our desk staff members and guests by creating a border between them, hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the hotel, and floor markers help remind guests to keep proper social distances from each other.
Our guests’ and associates’ safety is always our top priority. We’re continuing to adopt further upgrades to create a more contactless experience for our guest. Some of our hotels have remote check-in and check-out processes. We’re also slowly shifting to a more cashless operation. Stay tuned for future developments as we continue to change to meet the demands of today.
Let’s get back to your vacation for now. After planning your visit to any of the Universal theme parks, be sure to plan your stay at the Rosen Inn by clicking “Check Room Availability” above or by giving us a call at 407-996-4444. We’d be happy to serve you again.