After ending last season with a double-overtime loss to the Florida Everblades in the ECHL playoff series, the Orlando Solar Bears return to the ice, and they’re bringing a few familiar faces with them.
New Season, New Start
Kicking off the season with home games against the South Carolina Stingrays on October 12 followed by the Norfolk Admirals on October 18, the Orlando Solar Bears hit the road to challenge the Stingrays once again on October 19 before going head to head against in-state rivals the Everblades.
Last year’s elimination marked the third time in four years that the Everblades ended the Solar Bears’ season. Therefore, the stakes are high for their match-up at the Hertz Arena on October 26—the results of which will undoubtedly set the stage for when the two rivals meet again on November 14 in Orlando.
The Solar Bears continue their 2019–2020 regular season into the month of November with a pair of home games against the South Carolina Stingrays on November 1 and 2 before welcoming the Jacksonville Icemen to the Amway Center on November 5. After five road games between November 15–23, the Solar Bears close out the month in Orlando with a series of six home games into December.
Fresh Recruits and Returning Players
After signing Jimmy Lodge away from the Jacksonville Icemen, Solar Bears head coach and general manager Drake Berehowsky is excited to welcome back the following players:
• Mike Monfredo – The veteran defenseman and team captain has his eyes set on the Kelly Cup.
• Clint Windsor – After signing on January 15, the rookie goaltender is ready to defend.
• Kevin Lohan – Acquired in a trade with the Toledo Walleyes, Lohan is a formidable addition to Orlando’s lineup.
• Chris LeBlanc – Third time’s a charm for this sizable forward who’s back for his third season.
• Alex Schoenborn – The high-energy forward is bringing his aggressive speed and energy back to the Orlando ice.
• Dylan Fitze – Power forward Fitze is back after an impressive rookie season.
• Alexander Kuqali – Originally acquired from the Fort Wayne Komets, the defenseman returns for season No. 2 in Orlando.
• Trevor Olson – The enthusiastic forward is back after a season-ending injury last March.
With such a stacked schedule and an exciting roster of new and returning players, the future of the Solar Bears looks bright. If you’re in Orlando this fall, squeeze in an evening of electrifying hockey into your visit. Not only does a Solar Bears game provide an exciting night out for all ages, it’s also the perfect place to cool off after a hot day at the parks.
Enjoy a Convenient Night’s Stay
For all types of Orlando vacations, Rosen Inn is the ideal place to stay. Perfectly situated right off of I-4, the Rosen Inn offers convenient access to the Amway Center and all of Orlando’s theme parks. Call us today at 1-800-999-6327 or visit our website to book your stay.