Traveling with children is always an interesting time. No matter how exciting your plans are or how much you get out and see in a day, their favorite part is almost always the hotel. Kids love the downtime that comes along with being at the hotel, but they also tend to get stir crazy in a small, confined area like a hotel room.
Here are some activities to help make hotel time more fun and entertaining, while helping to prevent the kids from becoming too restless.
- Bring some balloons with you, blow them up, and play ‘volleyball’ over the gap between the two beds. The kids can also try to keep the balloons from touching the floor as long as possible, resulting in some silly shenanigans.
- Pack some cards and teach your kids classic card games like Spoons, Uno, Old Maid, and Battleship. This is especially good for passing time on those unexpected rainy days, as well.
- Pack an educational game that your kids will enjoy playing in the absence of their usual toys at home. It’s a great way to entertain and teach the kiddos a thing or two while you’re at it!
- Spend some time at the pool. While not in your hotel room, you’ll still be at the hotel and the youngsters will have a sense of downtime while getting their excess energy out in the water.
- Pack a roll or two of painter’s tape. This sounds odd, but your kids can write their names with the tape on the carpet with it without fear of damage, or they can make their own art. Running out of games? Create a giant tic-tac-toe board out of tape and play on the carpet!
- Don’t forget the snacks. Never underestimate a kid’s hunger level when they’re bored. Now is a great time to bring those go-to snacks and even some special treats they don’t normally get at home.
When planning your Orlando vacation, book your stay with the Rosen Inn. We are located just a short distance from the attractions and entertainment that makes the city one of the leading tourist destinations anywhere, and our rooms are not only luxurious and affordable, but they are kid friendly as well. Call us today at (407) 996-8585 to book your room!