A trip to Orlando over the summer isn’t complete without a day trip to a water park. However, having all your belongings in a bag and your kids running around from slide to slide can be really stressful. To help make your outing easier and more enjoyable, here are some tips and tricks for a wonderful water park experience!
What You Need to Know
- Don’t bring the whole suitcase. Bring only essentials for every member of the family and utilize the waterpark’s lockers to store your more valuable items. Whatever you forget can almost surely be purchased at the park, but at higher theme park prices.
- Rent, rent, rent! You can rent towels, lifejackets, and possibly even seating depending on the water park. This makes packing much lighter and easier.
- Expect some rain. During the summer, it rains almost every afternoon in Florida. However, there’s no need to leave as soon as you notice a light sprinkle. Afterall, you paid for that ticket and you’ll be upset if you leave just as the sun comes back out. That being said, check the weather ahead of time. If thunderstorms are expected, no slides will be open because it’s not safe.
Have a Plan
- Arrive early. Less wait makes everyone happy! Being early allows you to find a seat, get a locker, and get down those slides as soon as possible.
- Set a designated meeting place. If you’re traveling with kids or even a large group of friends, it’s easy to get separated. If you know where to meet up, a crisis can be avoided — leaving more room for fun.
- Claim your seats. Putting some shoes and towels on some seats holds your spot and makes it clear to others that your seats are taken. Just be sure you don’t leave any valuables exposed.
What to Wear
- Wear your swimsuit. It reduces clutter if you wear your suit under your clothing and make for a convenient quick change once in the park. For ladies, a one-piece is smart if you plan on riding the intense rides and want to feel secure that your swimwear will stay put.
- Wear sunscreen and shades. The Florida sun is intense and when it reflects off of pavements, slides, and water surfaces it can cause a blinding glare and can also help you develop a much faster sunburn. That’s why you should make sunscreen and sunglasses your hottest accessories. Just be sure that your lotion is waterproof and take off your shades when going down the slides.
- Wear waterproof shoes. It’s best if you wear shoes that are durable and designed to get wet. Food, sunblock, and sometimes sand may also end up on your footwear, so choose accordingly.
Stay Close By
When you’re planning your Orlando vacation getaway, make sure you book with a hotel that is close to the action. At the Rosen Inn, our central location in Orlando and affordable luxury give you the perfect place to recharge your batteries after a long day. To reserve your room, call us at 407-996-4444 today.